For those of you thinking about getting broadband, or switching service provider. I’d like to take this opportunity to warn you against signing up with Bulldog.
My experience has been terrible from the outset, Ironically I moved from Pipex, who were pretty reliable, but expensive to Bulldog. Pipex now own Bulldog, but that’s another story.
Since joining Bulldog in May 2006, I suffered
- A loss of service lasting a week, -No compensation.
- Reduced speed and terrible customer service.
- At Full speed – constant connection dropouts – upto 5 per night.
- Had speed reduced again, so IMO falsely sold product.
- Not billed for 5 months, despite having set up direct debit
- Then penalised for being in arrears, despite me informing them they hadn’t collected.
- Forced into an unreasonable £59 per month payment plan, to clear arears..on a £30 per month service.
- Bulldog change payment plan conditions with notice 2 weeks after the event.
- Disconnected for missing new payment plan dates, told to pay in full to be reconnected or incur charges for full contact. Given 16 days to settle account.
- Told by Customer services only way to complain about disconnection is by fax, which takes 30 days to get a response. 30 days – I only have 16 days to pay-Go figure??!!XX~@@
I could continue, but over 50 phone calls, and still no service says it all to me. Don’t Deal with this company unless you are a glutton for punishment,
If you have been unlucky enough to have had dealings with them, I suggest you visit the My Bulldog Hell site , they gave me some numbers to call. It’s a long slog but if you have any trouble at all report Bulldog to ISPA. Bulldog are ruthless, cold, disorganised, disconnected and arrogant. They don’t listen to the customer and provide no real way of getting problems solved.
It is impossible to speak with anyone in authority who can get things done.